Monday 1 November 2010

# Holiday # Magnolia card

I am back with few photos,a card and feedback to share :)

Hi all....so sorry i havent upload anything during my holiday. I am totally had a great time with my husband and my friend Mellisa who guide me during my stay in Korea. Darn..i love that country sooo much, not only the environment but also the food but it just sooo expensive so mainly i spend my money for food and a little bit of crafty items and more cosmetic products :).

Well...i will share my very first card that i created today use my very new prismacolour pencils. well i have lots of bad feedback about this brand! :(

Just simply want to play with Magnolia stamp that i has been neglected for so long :P
Supplies :
Stamp : Magnolia stamp,Hero arts- sentiment
Ink and colour : Memento ink,versafine sephia,prismacolour,making memories paint- strawberry cake,Copic E00
Papers : AC whitecardstock, DCWV Nursery baby girl
Others : EK Success punches, heart lace,heart puff,heart pearl,flowers and ribbon

SOME CLOSE UP:

I did distress the edge of the papers with making memories paint

Would love to enter this card for

AND HERE IS MY PRISMACOLOUR (I did arrange the colour for easy reference)
as i understand most card maker in USA used this brand so i give it a try :) as some of the crafter give guidance how to blend and colour use this brand.

Now! my feedback
HAPPY FEEDBACKS :
1.The price is totally good rather than i buy from US. i bought it in Korea that it cost me about SGD 140 it is around USD 108.isnt super cheap? it is for 120 pencils set

2. It has some colours that i dont have in my other colour pencils set..especially skin colours

UNHAPPY FEEDBACKS :

1. When open the case...i found all unsharpen! so i have to sharpen 120 pencils that cost my thumb and back of my hand injured! :(

2. While i was sharpening i found that there code on the side of the pencils are different-it isnt uniform! it said some are from mexico some are from USA. it made me confused! some of it looks so old with stained on the pencil.

3. While i was sharpening i also found that the lead is easily break! that is the reason some of the pencils are shorter than the other. some even broke thrice--i did carefully sharpen!

4. After i arranged everything nicely i did my very own reference colour chart and guess what!
I FOUND THE SAME COLOUR TWICE! it means i missed one of the colour

5. So angry after this..so i did check against the colour chart shown on the back of the tin. and guess what!
SOME OF THE COLOURS PENCILS THAT I SHOULD HAVE INSIDE THE SET IS REPLACE WITH ANOTHER COLOUR!
So DISAPPOINTED! but i cant do anything. there isnt no point i inform the company. if they asked me to send them..it will cost me money! as it is heavy and i lost the receipt--by the way the receipt in korean language.

sigh................................

now i want to share some of my holiday photos on 22 october 2010
i didnt take lots of photos during my holiday as i am busy enjoy the scenery, the environment,etc

This is me! in yellow cardigan...busy browsing the souvenirs to bring home

still busy....

Last look to make sure nothing that i missed!

Enjoyed traditional snacks that my friend recommended-mellisa on the left side

There were lots of cute glasses there so me and my hubby decided to take a pict with it...love my nerd face...lol

Traditional candle (i guess)

Musical box that created by on of artist in Korea. I think this souvenier shop is getting popular between tourists. but it isnt cheap! you can choose the decoration on the musical box-mostly are hand painted but there is also printed one, you can choose the songs and you can choose the "things" to turn the music on. like below is flower.


and yeah! hubby decided to get one for me! so i choosed the handpainted paper weight, love concerto music and a cat figurine holding a guitar to make the music works


DINNER TIME!
LOVE ! the sweet and spicy oven baked chix!

Shopping time before the shop close for today..to rush so that never focused on the photo taking....thinking what should i buy! there are so many shops that sell similar things! too bad card making and scrapbooking isnt popular in Korea!

Took photo before we left the market.

The temperature was getting colder so that we decided to have hot drinks in the starbucks.i had hot chocolate, hubby had hot coffee, and my friend ice coffee.


I think that is it for today! :)
Thanks for looking
HUGS
Yenni Natalia



5 comments:

  1. Hi Yenni!
    Looks like you had a great holiday :)
    I love your Magnolia card, so pretty!!
    I have the 120 set of prisma pencils, mine all have the small numbers printed on, not the silver rectangle one. They do break easily!! some of mine look quite short now :( but I do love them :)
    You can use them for extra shading and depth on top of your copics too :0)

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Yenni! Welcome back!
    Your Tilda is so cute!!! Love your coloring with prisma pencil! So sorry with your "unhappy" with prisma ....I have several prisma pencil color too, and yes they easily to broke but I love to use it with sansodor, and sometimes combine with copics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! :-)

    Yes, Prismacolors come unsharpened. I am taking it that you're using a hand sharpener to sharpen them, not an electric one? Yeah, that would be painful. lol

    My set of prismas are like yours all different, some have gold lettering, some silver some black. Some are made in USA some in Mexico. I don't like that they're not uniform but the pencils themselves more than compensate, in my opinion.

    A few of mine have broken several times and are quite short. A friend of mine says she regularly sends Sanford her broken pencils (individually, you know?) and they replace them. I haven't bothered to do that although I'm sure they would do that for me too.

    There's plenty of companies that sell the pencils individually so you can replace your pencils as they wear out.

    INcidently, which color were you missing? I have two sets. My old 20 year old set and my new one and so I may have an extra in the color you need. (if its not too short to bother sending ~ but at least you could try out the color)

    So good to have you back. I know you'll love your pencils when the frustration wears off. Talk to Stacey, she had a HUGE runaround with hers. (its on her blog) and funny enough she sent hers back because they WERE sharpened and she wanted them unsharpened! lol

    Hugs, Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Cute card! Fun pictures! Sorry about the Prisma deal. I do like mine now. I sent them back because they were used. Many shorter than the others and I did not like them different colors on the outside either. My new box is not like that, but I got mine in the store the 2nd time. I am still sharpening mine. Should have kept the other LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Yenni, so glad to hear that you had a great time. The last time I was in Korea... I'm so very young. I want to go visit there soon. :) Another gorgeous gorgeous card my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, hope my cards can cheer your day.
Hugs
Yenni Natalia

Follow Us @soratemplates